Thursday, July 19, 2012

Try Something New...

I believe that whether you are an elite athlete, an occasional weekend warrior, or a complete novice to physical activity there is always something new out there that you can become passionate about!  When someone tells me that they hate to exercise and can't stand going to the gym, I tell them to spice it up! I like to think that everyone has a physical activity that is deeper than just sweating and expending calories in the gym or trying to be skinny to fit into those favorite jeans. I am so excited to teach and educate clients about the whole wellness circle. It's simply about awakening that hidden desire, growing and changing throughout the years and stimulating the heart, mind and body. Once I get bored with an activity, which can happen quite quickly for my attention span of a 4 year old (lol), I find a new activity to peak my interest. After running marathon #3 and finishing with a less than ideal time, and balling at least 3 times throughout the race... I decided I was burnt out on hitting the pavement for hours and hours on end. Lately, the ancient sport of surfing and stand up paddling are increasing in popularity. You can find rentals and meetup groups at almost any lake in Colorado. I cannot wait to explore the possibilities with SUP (Stand Up Paddling). I believe I awakened another hidden passion for which makes me giddy when I talk about it! This is what I want for all of those people that have told me that they hate to exercise and that it just isn't for them! Explore the endless opportunities and try something new! I have listed some activities that may peak your interest....If none of them light a spark, please continue to dive into books, magazine, or search online until you awaken your passion! Don't be afraid to try something new!

-Wakeboarding
-Bootcamp Workouts (ever-changing daily fitness components)
-Kayaking
-Cycling
-Running
-Zumba
-Hip Hop
-Yoga
-Pilates
-Weight Training
-Obstacle Courses
-Hiking
-Kickboxing
-Rock Climbing
-Stand Up Paddling
-Endurance Relays
-Triathalons
-Duathalons

No comments:

Post a Comment